Tuesday, November 10, 2009

No Shave November and other goals...

First of all, this month has been declared "No Shave November" month for the guys. This is where the guys don't shave their beards (or anywhere else for that matter) for the whole month. You can imagine by the end of it I will be seeing a lot of woolly, hairy men walking around town. Having themed months is pretty cool but what's even cooler is when the girls get in on the action too. Someone on facebook declared it a no shave month for women too and you can bet I'm in on the action. So far my armpit hairs are about a cm long, which isn't extreme but we are only a third of the way through the month. I'm excited to see how hairy my body can become. Personally, I already know that I prefer to be trimmed and tidy but this will be a fun experiment. Who knows maybe I will finally truly embrace the feminist woman inside me. But probably not.

 In other news, I was able to talk to Amy, one of my most favorite teachers. She and I email every now and then and it's great to have a former teacher who is still invested in me and interested in seeing my succeed. I told her in an e-mail that I was not settling into PNCA very well and that I was really interested in OCAC, and alot of the other struggles I was going through. So she called me and helped me talk it through and gave me a few really good suggestions on how to keep my art making practices up w/ no money and the anxiety I've been feeling.

So I'm going to start a series of 60 second art pieces. This is something I can do everyday and have it done quickly and build up a lot of little experiments that can hopefully someday inspire more substantial works of art. And if not, so be it, I'll still be creating an awesome little collection of awesome little arts. Keeping it quick and easy will make it easier for me to get it done as well. Amy also gave me some more advice that I think I tend to forget.

Remember the positive things in each day.
Know that if nothing else things will work themselves out
When anxious pull out the sketchbook, not facebook.
And to keep in touch.

Thanks so much for your love and support, Amy. It means the world to me.

No comments: