
A couple years ago I finished my first painting for Ernesto's mom, Rosa. It was a rendition of The Apparition by Alejandro Rangel (something) . It was my first successful oil painting and it was A LOT of work.
Anyway, since then Rosa has commissioned a family portrait painting (which I am currently working on) and a few weeks ago she requested my help on another painting. This time acrylic.
The Priest at Rosa's church asked her to do a painting for the church of the Virgin Mary as she is represented in what is referred to as "The Apparition". Which is the typical pose you see of The Virgin, standing, hands poised in prayer position with shining halo-y light around her figure. Did I mention this painting is close to 20 feet long and at least 8 feet wide?
 |
| Angel Guy |
 |
| step 1 |
| | | | |
| step 2 |
 |
| step 3 |
 |
| step 4 (fixed the chin) |
|
|
So it turned out pretty well although not perfect by any means, but perfect takes time, of which I didn't have a lot.
Here is a link for more info about The Apparition. http://www.maryourmother.net/Guadalupe.html
I don't consider myself a painter by any means but I sure have learned a lot about painting by doing these for Rosa. So thank you Rosa for the opportunity to learn and develop my skills. :)
3 comments:
Great Job!!
That looks awesome! I hope you enjoyed working on such a big scale.
This looks lovely! I really like the minimalism in the "step 1" photograph. Maybe you should consider using that... However, I doubt a pretty traditional church would be totally into half-faced Marys running about. :0) Good job!
Post a Comment