Friday, September 10, 2010

Random Adventure: Solo Style

Lately I've been feeling like my whole life is one insane juggling act just moments away from toppling down on me. BUT! today I was able to escape all of that (if only for an hour) and it was marvelous. Holly told me about a place called Bridal Veil Falls that is just barely up the Provo canyon.




I pulled into Nun's Park ( i think it was something like that) and walked along the path there until I found a nice place right next the the water to sit. It was a nice big slanted rock that was butted up against an old log which made for a fairly comfortable recliner. I laid back there for a while and thought about things and wrote a little and took a short cat nap. 












After that I walked up the path to the falls and took in it's beauty. This is where I found my lovely friend Hugo. This is him climbing up my arm and here he is on my shoulder. We had a good chat about things and then I let him get back to his business. Unfortunately I couldn't talk him into coming home w/ me. So we said our good-byes.





I spent a few minutes more at the falls but then got creeped out by a guy that was there so I left.






I was nice to get lost in the sound of the river water rushing by and to breathe in some fresh air. I also really enjoyed being reminded of the tickle of little caterpillar feet. Thank you, Hugo for making it a good time even better. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY for being lost in nature and friendly caterpillars named Hugo :)