Book are my favorite form of escapism!
Here are some of my favorites
Interview with the Vampire- The original vampire series and less girly than Twilight but very enjoyable.
Water for Elephants- Just recently finished this one. Good book, especially if you are interested in the old circus times.
Youth in Revolt- I have seen the movie yet. I read the book in High school before a movie was even thought about. I love it. This book will make you pee your pants from laughter starting with the first page. READ IT!!!
Witch of Blackbird Pond- I read this in middle school so it's meant for a younger audience but I'd like to read it again sometime.
Running with the Demon by Terry Brooks- I don't really know about Brooks' other books but this short series got me through a lot of tough times. Definitely recommend it if you are into a little fantasy. But don't worry it's not over the top
A clockwork orange- Gritty and violent and an awesome slang that I would like to incorporate into my vocabulary more often
The Secret- yes it's pretty cheesy but it help me change my thinking habits for the better, so that's good right?
The Hannibal Series- starting with The Red Dragon. Very entertaining. like watching a cop show.
I am currently reading Slaughter House Five which at first I didn't really like but I figured out if you stop trying to figure out what's going on it will save you a lot of brain power and energy. Only 2 more chapters left!
On my list to read are:
The Windup Bird Chronicles
The Beauty Myth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Golden Compass (this one was highly recommended to me by a sound source)
Well the end for now I guess.
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment