I decided that any trip outside of southern Utah deserve the title Escape to ... cuz anytime spent outside of Cedar is a good time :) Anyway
This weekend was the most enjoyable spontaneous trip I've had in a while. On Wednesday I learned that the Holi Krishna Festival of Colors celebration was happening again and I was damned if I was going to miss it this year. So I kidnapped my sister and we got in touch with our cousin who wanted to go and we left on Saturday morning. The event was to start at 12 so we left at an early (for me) 8 o'clock.
This is the view as we came to the temple. All those pink dots are people!
I don't know much about this holiday, just that it is an Indian and that's it really. They play awesome chanting music and shoot colored powder on the crowd and you are really really close to people but it's not weird. The crowd is full of energy and there is a great vibe that makes you forget all the hellish traffic you just drove through to get here. So the powder is "edible grade" cornstarch and flour. But I don't know how they dye it. Anyway here are some pictures.
The shop
Thunderbird
Hummerzine!!!
Kim and the interior.
So basically, it's nice my dad has a job he really enjoys and it's nice he let us sit in one of the cars they work on. :D I had a great weekend full of family and fun and cool cars. The end :)





1 comment:
I'm really glad to hear you and your family are doing well and having fun. That festival looks so awesome haha I saw the pictures on facebook and wasn't sure what it was but it sounds so fun!
Miss you!
Post a Comment